El tiempo listado es incorrecto. La hora correcta es 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM.
Our Friends at MONTCLAIR SEPAC have kindly invited all of our Members to this vital and very interesting Forum about Dyslexia, featuring a host of experts in the field. It will be held in the Hillside Auditorium, 54 Orange Road, Montclair, on October 30th at 7 P.M.
“505 Films + Friends is an inclusive club where young people of all abilities can gather in a safe, positive and thought-provoking environment to engage socially through the viewing and discussion of films. Each screening allows members to explore their own lives in relationship to the themes represented in the films with interactive discussions and activities led by a teaching artist and a professional psychologist. Participants also have time to schmooze and enjoy refreshments.
Our popular, inclusive film club is back for the fall with new movies, new discussions and new friends!!
Our Fall schedule:
Teen Club (grades 8 – 12) Sunday, 12:30pm – 3:30pm
Young Adult Club (ages 18 – 28) Sunday, 4pm – 7pm
Participants who qualify for funding from DDD are eligible for reimbursement for our Film Club. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarships may also be available. TUITION- $270 per person
1. Check-in + Schmooze: (15 minutes) Get name tags and socialize. (Facilitators will provide guidance and support to be sure that everyone’s included).
2. Introduction of this week’s film: (30 minutes) Warm-up discussion focusing on film’s theme, characters, cinematography techniques and/or professions, and how film relates to participants’ personal life experiences.
3. View film: (1.5 hrs) in Cinema 505’s sensory-friendly environment.
4. Interactive film discussion: (15-30 min) Conversation and activities led by professional psychologist and teaching artist.
5. Post-mingle mix-it-up: (15-30 min) Enjoy and engage over snacks!